The Young Architects Forum (YAF) is organized to address and advocate issues of recently licensed architects, defined as those licensed ten years or less. These Architects are confronted with issues relating to their professional and personal lives; some of these are profession-wide while others are unique to their career and life stage. YAF is the voice of recently licensed Architects and the catalyst for future leadership and fellowship in the profession.
Monthly events rotating through three formats:
- Pau Hana – After work networking and socializing at a local pub venue.
- Firm Tour & Lecture – Firms host a lecture at their firm and provides a brief tour of their office.
- Panel Discussion/Workshop – Panel discussion or workshop held at the Center for Architecture. Panelists represent experts within the given subject area and workshops allow hands on activities or interactive training. Discussion Items include (but not limited to) career advancement, starting a firm, leadership/early career development, career alternatives (within and beyond traditional practice), work/life balance.
YAF sub-committee Goals
- Leadership: ENGAGE recently licensed Architects in leadership to become agents of change and progress within the Institute, profession, and our communities.
- Professional Development: INSPIRE professional growth through fellowship, training, and leadership.
- Fellowship: SERVE to make AIA membership meaningful to recently licensed Architects through programs, services and events that effectively anticipate and address their needs. PROMOTE mentorship at all career stages to enhance personal growth, community involvement, and professional development.
- Advocacy: ADVOCATE for issues of particular relevance to recently licensed Architects.
Young Architects Forum schedule of Events
Interested in attending an upcoming YAF event? Click here to view our 2018 YAF schedule (PDF).
The Young Architects Forum sub-committee falls under the umbrella of the Emerging Professionals committee. Membership in the Young Architects Forum sub-committee is open to AIA Honolulu members who are nearly licensed out to ten years of licensure.
YAF Sub-Committee Leadership and Members
For more information about the Young Architects Forum sub-committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.