The programs committee is specifically geared toward event–oriented committees, i.e.: Architecture Month, General Membership Meetings, Design Awards, and CANstruction. The committee is responsible for strategic planning with regard to events. The committee also serves to generate committee leadership, and as a training area for future board leadership.
Program Committee Goals
- Overseeing general strategies for AIA Honolulu committees/task forces in order to maintain consistency and prevent overlap, and conflict between events and programs
- Planning and execution of our annual Architecture Month events via the Architecture Month sub-committee
- Strategic planning with regard to events and how they tie into the AIA Honolulu Strategic Plan
- Approving marketing and promotional materials for events (in conjunction with staff)
- Ensure committee leadership is in abidance with AIA Honolulu rules.
Membership in the Programs committee is open to one representative from each committee that holds events (participation is open invitation to all committees). Leadership of committees not specifically focused around events are encouraged to participate in the Programs Committee when their committee is considering the development of any public or members-only event. Committee leadership will include one member of EXCOM and one non-board member.
Housing Committee Leadership and Members
For more information about the Programs Committee please email the AIA Honolulu office at firstname.lastname@example.org.